Personality disorders affect the way you think, behave and relate to others. Learn about symptoms and treatments.
Coping and support
Tests and diagnosis
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
April 02, 2016
- Antisocial personality disorder. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed March 21, 2016.
- Meloy JR, et al. Antisocial personality disorder. In: Gabbard's Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2014. http://psychiatryonline.org/doi/full/10.5555/appi.books.9781585625048.gg00pre. Accessed March 21, 2016.
- Antisocial personality disorder: Prevention and management. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg77. Accessed March 21, 2016.
- Black DW. The natural history of antisocial personality disorder. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. 2015;60:309.
- Black DW. Antisocial personality disorder: Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, course and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 21, 2016.
- Black DW. Treatment of antisocial personality disorder. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 21, 2016.
- Werner KB, et al. Epidemiology, comorbidity, and behavioral genetics of antisocial personality disorder and psychopathy. Psychiatric Annals. 2015;45:195.
- Velotti P, et al. Mindfulness moderates the relationship between aggression and antisocial personality disorder traits: Preliminary investigation with an offender sample. Comprehensive Psychiatry. 2016;64:38.
- Palmer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 24, 2016.
Antisocial personality disorder