Mayo Clinic head and neck surgery research is focusing on developing new treatments for mouth cancer that improve quality of life and increase the possibility of a cure.
Mouth cancer research is also conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications on epilepsy by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Nov. 17, 2015
- Flint PW, et al. Malignant neoplasms of the oral cavity. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Head and neck cancers. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- What you need to know about oral cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/wyntk-oral-cancer. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Lip and oral cavity cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/head-and-neck/hp/lip-mouth-treatment-pdq. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- The oral cancer exam. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/OralHealth/Topics/OralCancer/TheOralCancerExam.htm. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Cancer-related fatigue. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Erbitux (prescribing information). Branchburg, N.J.: Eli Lilly and Company; 2015. http://www.erbitux.com. Accessed Oct. 27, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Head and neck cancers. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 30, 2016.
- Van Abel, KM. (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 14, 2016.