Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Anti-seizure drugs often are used to help control the type of pain caused by damaged nerves.
July 07, 2016
- Peripheral neuropathy fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peripheralneuropathy/detail_peripheralneuropathy.htm. Accessed April 2, 2016.
- What is peripheral neuropathy. The Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy. https://www.foundationforpn.org/what-is-peripheral-neuropathy/. Accessed April 2, 2016.
- Rutkove SB. Overview of polyneuropathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 2, 2016.
- Feldman EL, et al. Treatment of diabetic neuropathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 3, 2016.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 2, 2016.