Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Feb. 12, 2016
- Syncope. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/symptoms_of_cardiovascular_disorders/syncope.html#v1145025. Accessed Dec. 14, 2015.
- Stone CK, et al., eds. Immediate management of life-threatening problems causing syncope. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Emergency Medicine. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Dec. 14, 2015.
- Jardine DL. Vasovagal syncope: New physiologic insights. Cardiology Clinics. 2013;31:75.
- Aminoff MJ, et al. Seizures & syncope. In: Clinical Neurology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Dec. 14, 2015.
- Angaran P, et al. Syncope. Neurology Clinics. 2011;29:903.
- Olshansky B. Upright tilt table testing in the evaluation of syncope. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 15, 2015.