- Cosmetic surgery: What to know beforehand Cosmetic surgery — Understand the benefits, risks and limitations of this appearance-enhancing surgery.
- Vaccines for adults: Which do you need? Vaccines offer protection from infectious diseases. Get the facts on which vaccines are recommended for adults.
- Bone health: Tips to keep your bones healthy Bone health — Find out what you can do to promote and protect bone health.
- Cancer prevention: 7 tips to reduce your risk Cancer prevention — Real-life strategies to reduce your risk of cancer.
- Secondhand smoke: Avoid dangers in the air Secondhand smoke — Understand the dangers and consider options for clearing the air.
- Medical history: Compiling your medical family tree Medical history — Use a special family tree to track your family's health information.
- Hand-washing: Do's and don'ts Hand-washing — Done properly, hand-washing is a simple way to avoid getting sick.
- 7 signs and symptoms not to ignore Consider signs and symptoms that merit medical attention, from weight loss to flashes of light.
- Health screening guidelines Get customized health screening guidelines, based on your age and sex.
- Colon cancer screening: Weighing the options Colon cancer screening — Understand the pros and cons of specific colon cancer screening tests.
- Personal health record: A tool for managing your health An electronic personal health record is a powerful tool for managing your family's health.
- Bloating, belching and intestinal gas: How to avoid them Bloating, belching and gas can be embarrassing and uncomfortable. Here's how to prevent them.
- Exercise: When to check with your doctor first Regular exercise is important. But know when to check with your doctor first.
- Functional fitness training: Is it right for you? Functional fitness exercises mimic everyday tasks. Should they be part of your workout?
- Preventing anal fissures Some ways to prevent tearing of the anus.
- Tattoo removal Tattoo removal — Overview covers risks, results and specific procedures for removing tattoos.
- Low back pain: Everyday solutions Low back pain becomes chronic partly from the way you sit, stand and move.
- Fecal occult blood test Fecal occult blood test — Overview covers definition, results of this colon cancer screening test.
- Colonoscopy Colonoscopy — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this exam to detect colon disease.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy Flexible sigmoidoscopy — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this exam to detect colon disease.
- Stool DNA test Stool DNA test — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this colon cancer screening test.
- Virtual colonoscopy Virtual colonoscopy — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this exam to detect colon disease.
- Barium enema Barium enema — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this exam to detect colon disease.
- Oral health: Brush up on dental care basics Oral health — Use these daily dental care tips to improve your oral health.
- Oral health: A window to your overall health Oral health — Find out about the connection between your oral health and overall health.
- Bad breath Bad breath — Comprehensive overview covers causes, treatment and prevention.
- Cavities/tooth decay Cavities — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment and prevention of toothache pain and tooth decay.
- Gingivitis Gingivitis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment and prevention of this gum disease.
- Calcium and calcium supplements: Achieving the right balance Considering calcium supplements? First figure out how much calcium you need. Then weigh the pros and cons of calcium supplements.
- Dental exam Dental exam — Overview covers preparation and what to expect during a dental exam.
- Best sunscreen: Understand sunscreen options Confused about the best sunscreen? Here's help sorting through the options.
- Sunless tanning: What you need to know Sunless tanning products can provide a safe, natural-looking tan — if they're applied carefully and correctly.
- Tattoos: Understand risks and precautions Tattoos are popular, but the risks are real. Know how to protect yourself.
- Piercings: How to prevent complications Piercings are popular, but the risks are real. Know how to protect yourself.
- Skin care: 5 tips for healthy skin Skin care gimmicks abound — but don't fall for the hype. Get younger, healthier looking skin with these simple skin care tips.
- Sun allergy Sun allergy — Comprehensive overview covers causes, symptoms, treatment of an allergic reaction to sunlight.
- Ingrown hair Ingrown hairs — Comprehensive overview covers causes, treatment, and prevention of this painful skin condition.
- Acne Acne — Comprehensive overview covers causes, acne treatments, and prevention.
- Plantar warts Plantar warts — Comprehensive overview covers causes, treatment of this common foot condition.
- Sunburn Sunburn — Comprehensive overview covers prevention, home treatments and when to see your doctor.
- Wrinkles Wrinkles — Comprehensive overview covers causes, treatments and prevention.
- Dry skin Dry skin — Comprehensive overview covers causes, treatments and tips for dry skin care.
- Wrinkle creams: Your guide to younger looking skin Wrinkle creams — Do over-the-counter wrinkle creams work? Here's your guide to younger looking skin.
- Face-lift Face-lift — Overview covers why it's done, the risks and what you can expect from this procedure to help your face and neck look younger.
- Dermabrasion Dermabrasion — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this skin-resurfacing procedure.
- Laser hair removal Laser hair removal — Overview covers what to expect, possible results and potential complications.
- Laser resurfacing Laser resurfacing — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this wrinkle treatment procedure.
- Fingernails: Do's and don'ts for healthy nails Fingernails — Find out what's normal and what's not, plus tips for taking care of your nails.
- Contact lenses: What to know before you buy Contact lenses are versatile — and you have various options. Here's help making the right choice.
- Eye injury: Tips to protect vision Eye injury — Understand how to avoid injuries and when to seek medical help.
- Farsightedness Farsightedness (hyperopia) — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this correctable eye disorder.
- Nearsightedness Nearsightedness — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this common eye disorder.
- Presbyopia Presbyopia — Comprehensive overview covers causes, screening and treatment of this common, age-associated eye condition.
- Astigmatism Astigmatism — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this irregular eye curvature.
- LASIK surgery: Is it right for you? Find out whether you're a good candidate for vision correction through LASIK surgery.
- Eye exam Eye exam — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of vision testing.
- LASIK eye surgery LASIK eye surgery — Overview covers definition, risks, what to expect from vision correction surgery.
- Napping: Do's and don'ts for healthy adults Napping can benefit your health. Here's how to make the most of a nap.
- Sleep aids: Understand over-the-counter options Sleep aids — Get the facts on common over-the-counter choices, including precautions and side effects.
- Sleep tips: 7 steps to better sleep Better sleep can be yours! Consider sleep tips for the weary.
- Snoring Snoring — Comprehensive overview covers causes, treatments including lifestyle changes, devices, surgery to stop snoring.
- Sleepwalking Sleepwalking — Comprehensive overview covers causes, treatment and prevention of this usually harmless sleep disorder.
- Insomnia Insomnia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this sleeping problem.
- Prescription sleeping pills: What's right for you? Sleeping pills — Get the lowdown on the latest prescription options.
- Empty nest syndrome: Tips for coping Empty nest syndrome — Understand how to deal with sadness after your last child leaves home.
- Self-esteem: 4 steps to feel better about yourself Self-esteem — Overcome negative self-talk and a poor self-image in four steps.
- Self-esteem check: Too low, too high or just right? Self-esteem — Identify low self-esteem and the benefits of healthy self-esteem.
- Resilience: Build skills to endure hardship Resilience — Improve coping skills so that you can better handle life's hardships.
- Anger management: 10 tips to tame your temper Anger management — Anger isn't bad, as long as it's controlled. Consider 10 anger management tips.
- Denial: When it helps, when it hurts Denial — Understand denial and its impact in the face of stress, illness or addiction.
- Anger management: Your questions answered Anger management — Insight on anger and healthy ways to express frustration.
- Friendships: Enrich your life and improve your health Friendships — Follow these tips to make friends and be a good friend.
- Mental health: What's normal, what's not Mental health vs. mental illness — Find out how mental illnesses are diagnosed and defined.
- How to be happy: Tips for cultivating contentment Can you learn how to be happy? You bet. Discover greater contentment with these tips.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy Cognitive behavioral therapy — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this mental health treatment.
- Infidelity: Mending your marriage after an affair Infidelity doesn't necessarily mean a marriage is over. Consider steps to promote healing.
- Forgiveness: Letting go of grudges and bitterness Forgiveness and letting go can lead you down the path of healing and peace.
- Domestic violence against men: Know the signs Domestic violence against men is real. Find out how to break the cycle.
- Domestic violence against women: Recognize patterns, seek help Domestic violence can happen to anyone. Understand how to break the cycle of abuse.
- Stepfamilies: How to help your child adjust Stepfamilies — Tips for helping your child adjust to life as part of a stepfamily.
- Sex therapy Sex therapy — Overview covers definition, preparation and what to expect from therapy to address sexual issues.
- Marriage counseling Marriage counseling — Overview covers definition, benefits and what to expect from couple-based therapy.
- Premarital counseling Premarital counseling — Overview covers definition, benefits and what to expect from counseling before marriage.
- Family therapy Family therapy — Overview covers definition, benefits and what to expect.
Healthy at work
- Travel workout: Fitness tips for business travelers Exercise doesn't need to go by the wayside when you're traveling. Consider simple travel workout tips.
- Back pain at work: Preventing pain and injury Back pain at work — Find out what causes back pain and how to avoid it.
- Office ergonomics: Your how-to guide Office ergonomics — Use this visual ergonomics guide to make your work space more comfortable.
- Job satisfaction: How to make work more rewarding Job satisfaction — Consider real-life strategies to help restore meaning to your work.
- Job burnout: How to spot it and take action Job burnout can have dire consequences. Understand the signs and know when to take action.
- Work-life balance: Tips to reclaim control Work-life balance can reduce stress and restore harmony to your life. Find out how.
- Workplace exercises: How to burn calories at work Work at a desk all day? Make workplace exercises part of your routine.
- Desk stretches: How-to video collection Office stretches help prevent pain and stiffness. See how they're done.
- Jet lag disorder Jet lag disorder — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, remedies, prevention of this travel-related sleep trouble.
- Stress relief: When and how to say no Stress relief — Discover the why, when and how of saying no to reduce stress.
- Low back pain: Everyday solutions Low back pain becomes chronic partly from the way you sit, stand and move.
- Stress assessment: Rate your stress level Stress assessment — Pinpoint your stress level and get tips for managing your stress.