- Early-onset Alzheimer's: When symptoms begin before age 65 Early-onset Alzheimer's is a rare disorder linked to three genes. Get tips for coping.
- Diabetes and Alzheimer's linked Diabetes may increase your risk of Alzheimer's. Reduce this risk with diet and exercise.
- Alzheimer's genes: Are you at risk? What role does genetics play in developing Alzheimer's? Are you at risk?
- Alzheimer's stages: How the disease progresses Alzheimer's stages — common behaviors as the disease progresses.
- Alzheimer's or depression: Could it be both? Alzheimer's and depression have some similar symptoms. Proper treatment improves quality of life.
- Memory loss: When to seek help Memory loss may indicate normal aging, a treatable condition or the onset of dementia.
Tests and diagnosis
- Diagnosing Alzheimer's: How Alzheimer's is diagnosed Diagnosing Alzheimer's — The process and importance of early detection.
- Sharing Alzheimer's diagnosis: Tips for caregivers Sharing Alzheimer's diagnosis — Tips for telling family and friends about your loved one's Alzheimer's diagnosis.
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan Positron emission tomography (PET) scan — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging test.
- SPECT scan SPECT scan — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging test.
- Alzheimer's: Managing sleep problems Alzheimer's sleep problems affect both you and your loved one. Consider tips for coping.
Treatments and drugs
- Alzheimer's: 7 tips for medical visits Alzheimer's disease means lots of medical appointments. Make the most of each visit.
- Alzheimer's treatments: What's on the horizon? Alzheimer's treatments now being studied include an Alzheimer's vaccine and several new drugs.
- Alzheimer's: Drugs help manage symptoms Alzheimer's drugs can help manage symptoms, but not cure the disease.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Mediterranean diet recipes These healthy and appealing recipes will get you hooked on the Mediterranean diet.
- Pet therapy: Man's best friend as healer Pet therapy isn't just fun and games. A growing field, animal-assisted therapy has proven health benefits.
Coping and support
- Caregiving: Tips for long-distance caregivers Caregiving — Get the facts about how to become an effective long-distance caregiver.
- Alzheimer's: Tips to make holidays more enjoyable Alzheimer's and holiday celebrations — Consider these tips to make holidays more pleasant for you and your loved one.
- Adult day service: What you need to know Adult day service — Find out if it's right for your loved one.
- Caregiver stress: Tips for taking care of yourself Fight caregiver stress and prevent burnout by taking time to take care of yourself.
- Home safety tips: Preparing for Alzheimer's caregiving Home safety tips for Alzheimer's caregivers — Understand how to prevent dangerous situations.