- High cholesterol High cholesterol — Comprehensive overview covers diet, medication and other treatments to lower cholesterol.
- Diabetes Diabetes — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes and treatments of several types of diabetes.
- High blood pressure (hypertension) High blood pressure — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment and prevention of hypertension.
- Stress management: Examine your stress reaction Stress management — Identify unhealthy coping methods and adopt new ones.
- Dizziness Dizziness — Comprehensive overview covers types, symptoms, causes, treatments of this common health concern.
- Chest pain Chest pain — Comprehensive overview covers causes, diagnosis, treatment of problems this symptom may signal.
Tests and diagnosis
- Echocardiogram Echocardiogram — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this heart-imaging test.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) — Overview covers definition of this test to monitor your heartbeat.
- Stress test A stress test — Overview covers what to expect and results of this heart test.
- Nuclear stress test Nuclear stress test — Overview covers what to expect and results of this exercise stress test.
- Coronary angiogram Coronary angiogram — Overview covers preparation, risks and results of this heart disease test.
- Arteriosclerosis / atherosclerosis Arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment for hardening of the arteries.
Treatments and drugs
- Lowering cholesterol: Discover your options Discover your options for lowering cholesterol.
- Coronary angioplasty and stents Coronary angioplasty and stents — Overview covers definition and results of this heart procedure.
- Angina treatment: Stents, drugs, lifestyle changes — What's best? Choosing angina treatment — stents, medications or lifestyle changes — can be confusing. Find out more.
- Coronary bypass surgery Coronary bypass surgery — Overview covers risks and results of this open-heart surgery.
- Drug-eluting stents: Do they increase heart attack risk? Drug-eluting stents are generally safe if used with proper medications. Find out more.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Coping with stress: Workplace tips Coping with stress at work is easier when you identify your triggers — and address them head on.
- Weight-loss goals: Set yourself up for success Well-planned weight-loss goals help you convert thoughts into action. Here's how to create successful weight-loss goals.
- Whole grains: Hearty options for a healthy diet Whole grains — Why it's important to include whole grains in your diet.
- Quit smoking: Proven strategies to help you quit Quit smoking — Call on these strategies and resources to help you reach your smoke-free goal.
- Barriers to fitness: Overcoming common challenges Sticking to a regular exercise schedule isn't easy. Get tips for overcoming common barriers.
- Stress management: Know your triggers Stress management — Understanding your stress triggers is essential to stress relief.
- Weight loss: Ready to change your habits? Answer these questions to see if you're ready to start a weight-loss plan.
- Quitting smoking: 10 ways to resist tobacco cravings Quitting smoking — When a tobacco craving strikes, use some of these tips to resist.
- Healthy eating: Jazz it up with these tips Healthy eating — Keep on track with these 10 easy ways to freshen things up.
- Fitness programs: 5 steps to getting started Starting a fitness program is easier than you might think. Follow these five steps.