Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- High blood pressure (hypertension) High blood pressure — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment and prevention of hypertension.
Tests and diagnosis
- MRI MRI — Overview covers definition, preparation, results of this diagnostic test.
- Genetic testing Genetic testing — Overview covers why genetic testing is done, preparation and results.
- Echocardiogram Echocardiogram — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this heart-imaging test.
- CT scan CT scan — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging procedure.
- Chest X-rays Chest X-rays — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging test.
- Nicotine dependence Nicotine dependence — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, complications and treatment of this difficult-to-break addiction.
- Marfan syndrome Marfan syndrome — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of this connective tissue disorder.
- Arteriosclerosis / atherosclerosis Arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment for hardening of the arteries.
Treatments and drugs
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers Angiotensin II receptor blockers (angiotensin II inhibitors) treat conditions such as high blood pressure.
- Statins: Are these cholesterol-lowering drugs right for you? Statins can lower cholesterol. Weigh the risks and benefits before you make a decision.
- Beta blockers Beta blockers treat high blood pressure, glaucoma and migraines. Discover more about these drugs.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Quit smoking: Proven strategies to help you quit Quit smoking — Call on these strategies and resources to help you reach your smoke-free goal.
- Aerobic exercise: Top 10 reasons to get physical Need inspiration to work out? Consider the top 10 benefits of aerobic exercise.
- Whole grains: Hearty options for a healthy diet Whole grains — Why it's important to include whole grains in your diet.