- Polymyalgia rheumatica Polymyalgia rheumatica — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, diagnosis, treatment of widespread pain and stiffness.
- Polymyositis Polymyositis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this inflammatory muscle disease.
Treatments and drugs
- Prednisone and other corticosteroids Prednisone and other corticosteroid pills, creams and injections can cause side effects.
- Controlling psoriatic arthritis In psoriatic arthritis, misdirected immune cells attack joints. Prompt treatment may prevent damage.
- Arthritis pain: Treatments absorbed through your skin Arthritis pain relief options include creams, gels and patches for painful joints.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Exercise helps ease arthritis pain and stiffness Arthritis — Exercise helps reduce pain in people with arthritis, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Arthritis pain: Do's and don'ts Arthritis pain — To cope, strike a balance between activity and rest.
- How much sleep do you really need? The usual advice is eight hours a night, but many factors, such as age and genetics, influence how much shut-eye you need.
- Exercise and chronic disease: Get the facts Exercise and chronic disease — Find out what you need to know before starting an exercise routine.
- Rheumatoid arthritis pain: Tips for protecting your joints Prevent rheumatoid arthritis pain with these seven joint protection techniques.
- Taming rheumatoid arthritis pain Rheumatoid arthritis pain — Reduce its impact on everyday life with these tips on joint protection, exercise, relaxation and knowing your limits.
- Tai chi: A gentle way to fight stress The gentle movements of tai chi reduce stress and offer other health benefits.