- Allergies and asthma: They often occur together Allergies and asthma? Find out how to control both conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
- Peak flow meter Peak flow meter — Overview covers how to use this simple tool to monitor asthma symptoms.
- Spirometry Spirometry — Overview covers definition, risks, results of spirometry testing to evaluate asthma and COPD.
- Nitric oxide test for asthma Nitric oxide test — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this procedure to evaluate asthma.
- Asthma: Steps in testing and diagnosis Diagnosing asthma generally includes a medical history, physical exam and lung tests.
Treatments and drugs
- Asthma treatment: 3 steps to better asthma control Follow this three-step approach to keep asthma symptoms under control and prevent asthma attacks.
- Asthma medications: Know your options Asthma medications — Which ones prevent asthma attacks, and which ones treat immediate symptoms.
- Asthma inhalers: Which one's right for you? Asthma inhalers — Here's a rundown of inhaler types and how they work.
- Treating asthma in children under 5 Asthma in children under 5: Understand symptoms, medications and treatment plans.
- Treating asthma in children ages 5 to 11 Treating asthma in children ages 5 to 11: Maintain control with an asthma action plan.
- Treating asthma in children ages 12 and older Treating asthma in children ages 12 and older: Manage treatment with an asthma action plan.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Exercise and chronic disease: Get the facts Exercise and chronic disease — Find out what you need to know before starting an exercise routine.
- Asthma-friendly products: Do they help reduce symptoms? Asthma-friendly products: Evaluate the claims before you spend your money.
- Asthma in adults: Creating an asthma action plan Here's how to create an adult asthma action plan — a tool for managing your asthma.
- Asthma in children: Creating an asthma action plan Managing childhood asthma can be complicated. Take control with a written action plan.
- Asthma treatment: Do complementary and alternative approaches work? Alternative asthma treatment: What might work, and what to avoid.
- Asthma: Limit asthma attacks caused by colds or flu Asthma, colds and flu — Keep your sneeze from turning into a wheeze.
- Allergy-proof your house Allergy-proof your house with these simple changes and find relief for your symptoms.
- Asthma control test Asthma control test: Is your asthma under control? Find out.