- Allergies and asthma: They often occur together Allergies and asthma? Find out how to control both conditions.
- Pregnancy and asthma: Managing your symptoms Pregnancy and asthma — Understand how asthma can affect pregnancy.
- Secondhand smoke: Avoid dangers in the air Secondhand smoke — Understand the dangers and consider options for clearing the air.
- Symptom Checker Use this Symptom Checker to pinpoint possible causes of your medical symptoms.
Tests and diagnosis
- Asthma: Steps in testing and diagnosis Diagnosing asthma generally includes a medical history, physical exam and lung tests.
- Peak flow meter Peak flow meter — Overview covers how to use this simple tool to monitor asthma symptoms.
- Spirometry Spirometry — Overview covers definition, risks, results of spirometry testing to evaluate asthma and COPD.
- Nitric oxide test for asthma Nitric oxide test — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this procedure to evaluate asthma.
- Allergies Allergies — Comprehensive overview covers allergy symptoms, allergy testing, treatment of an allergic reaction.
- Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) Premature ventricular contractions — Comprehensive overview covers causes, diagnosis, treatment of this abnormal heart rhythm.
Treatments and drugs
- Asthma treatment: 3 steps to better asthma control Follow this three-step approach to keep asthma symptoms under control and prevent asthma attacks.
- Asthma medications: Know your options Asthma medications — Which ones prevent asthma attacks, and which ones treat immediate symptoms.
- Asthma inhalers: Which one's right for you? Asthma inhalers — Here's a rundown of inhaler types and how they work.
- Prednisone and other corticosteroids Prednisone and other corticosteroid pills, creams and injections can cause side effects.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Asthma-friendly products: Do they help reduce symptoms? Asthma-friendly products: Evaluate the claims before you spend your money.
- Asthma in adults: Creating an asthma action plan Here's how to create an adult asthma action plan — a tool for managing your asthma.
- How much sleep do you really need? The usual advice is eight hours a night, but many factors, such as age and genetics, influence how much shut-eye you need.
- Exercise and chronic disease: Get the facts Exercise and chronic disease — Find out what you need to know before starting an exercise routine.
- Asthma treatment: Do complementary and alternative approaches work? Alternative asthma treatment: What might work, and what to avoid.
- Asthma control test Asthma control test: Is your asthma under control? Find out.
- Asthma: Limit asthma attacks caused by colds or flu Asthma, colds and flu — Keep your sneeze from turning into a wheeze.