- Video: Using a metered dose asthma inhaler and spacer
- Video: How to use a dry powder tube inhaler
- Video: How to use a peak flow meter
- Video: How to use a dry powder disk inhaler
- see all
Video: How to use a dry powder tube inhalerBy Mayo Clinic staff
Here are general instructions for using a dry powder tube inhaler.
To begin, twist the cover off and set it down.
Next, load the dose of medication. Twist the base grip to the right as far as it will go. Twist it back to the left. You will hear a click, which means it's ready to go.
You don't need to shake the inhaler.
Bring the inhaler to your lips in a horizontal position. Put your lips over the tube and take a quick, deep breath. Continue inhaling quickly and deeply.
If you need another dose of medication, repeat the previous steps.
If you accidentally blow into your inhaler after loading a dose, start over and load a new dose. The tube inhaler is designed to deliver one dose at a time.
When you are finished, place the cover back on the inhaler and twist shut. Keep your inhaler dry and store it at room temperature.
Your inhaler may come with slightly different instructions. Ask your doctor for a demonstration.
- Using your Pulmicort Turbuinhaler: Patient education guide. American College of Chest Physicians. Accessed April 25, 2011.