- Video: Keratoconus
- Video: Neck stretches for the workplace
- Video: Forearm stretches for the workplace
- Video: Upper body stretches for the workplace
- see all
- Slide show: 7 fingernail problems not to ignore
- Slide show: Back exercises in 15 minutes a day
- Slide show: Office stretches
- Slide show: A look inside your eyes
- see all
Slide show: Back exercises in 15 minutes a dayBy Mayo Clinic staff
Back exercises in 15 minutes a day
Do you want to prevent back pain? Try a few basic exercises to stretch and strengthen your back and supporting muscles. Repeat each exercise a few times, then increase the number of repetitions as the exercise gets easier. If you've ever hurt your back or have other health conditions, such as osteoporosis, consult your doctor before doing these exercises.Next slide
- Back pain. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Back_Pain/default.asp#10. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- Sowa G, et al. Exercise-based therapy for low back pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- Low back pain exercise guide. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00302. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 15, 2013.