- Video: Keratoconus
- Video: Neck stretches for the workplace
- Video: Forearm stretches for the workplace
- Video: Upper body stretches for the workplace
- see all
- Slide show: 7 fingernail problems not to ignore
- Slide show: Back exercises in 15 minutes a day
- Slide show: Office stretches
- Slide show: A look inside your eyes
- see all
Slide show: Back exercises in 15 minutes a dayBy Mayo Clinic staff
Lower back flexibility exercise
Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor (A). Arch your back so that your pubic bone feels like it's pointing toward your feet (B). Hold for five seconds and then relax. Flatten your back, pulling your bellybutton toward the floor so that your pubic bone feels like it's pointing toward your head (C). Hold for five seconds and then relax. Repeat. Start with five repetitions each day and gradually work up to 30.Next slide Previous slide
- Back pain. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Back_Pain/default.asp#10. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- Sowa G, et al. Exercise-based therapy for low back pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- Low back pain exercise guide. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00302. Accessed March 13, 2013.
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 15, 2013.