BMI calculatorBy Mayo Clinic staff
- The Practical Guide: Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/prctgd_c.pdf. Accessed 2/17/11.
- About BMI for Children and Teens. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/childrens_bmi/about_childrens_bmi. Accessed 2/17/11.
- 2000 CDC growth charts: United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts. Accessed 2/17/11.
- Do you know the health risks of being overweight? National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/health_risks.htm. Accessed 2/17/11.
- Prevalence of Overweight Among Children and Adolescents: United States, Trends 1963-1965 through 2007-2008. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/obesity_child_07_08/obesity_child_07_08.pdf. Accessed 2/17/11.
- Barlow SE. Expert Committee Recommendations Regarding the Prevention, Assessment and Treatment of Child and Adolescent Overweight and Obesity: Summary Report. Pediatics 2007; 120: S164-S192. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/reprint/120/Supplement_4/S164. Accessed 2/17/11.