Subscribe to Housecall
Our weekly general interest
e-newsletter keeps you up to date on a wide variety of health topics.
Mayo Clinic Housecall
Stay up to date on the latest health information.
What you get
- Free weekly e-newsletter
- Mayo Clinic expertise
- Recipes, tools and other helpful information
- We do not share your e-mail address
Calorie calculatorBy Mayo Clinic staff
Mayo Clinic products and services
- Book: Mayo Clinic on Digestive Health
- Healthy diet: Do you follow dietary guidelines?
- Boiling down the dietary guidelines
- Dietary fiber: Essential for a healthy diet
- Artificial sweeteners and other sugar substitutes
- Added sugar: Don't get sabotaged by sweeteners
- Nutrition Facts: An interactive guide to food labels
- Water: How much should you drink every day?
- Pyramid or plate? Explore these healthy diet options
- Sodium: How to tame your salt habit now
- Alcohol use: If you drink, keep it moderate
- Caffeine: How much is too much?
- Dietary fats: Know which types to choose
- Carbohydrates: How carbs fit into a healthy diet
- Water softeners: How much sodium do they add?
- Slide show: Healthy meals start with planning
- Slide show: 10 great health foods
- Fat grams: How to track your dietary fat
- Yerba mate: Is it safe to drink?
- Phenylalanine in diet soda: Is it harmful?
- Slide show: Guide to a high-fiber diet
- Chart of high-fiber foods
- Diet soda: Is it bad for you?
- Stevia: Can it help with weight control?
- Is it safe to store food in takeout containers?
- High-fructose corn syrup: Any health concerns?
- High-protein diets: Are they safe?
- What are functional foods?
- Acai berries: Do they have health benefits?
- MUFAs: Why should my diet include these fats?
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG): Is it harmful?
- Taurine in energy drinks: What is it?
- Energy drinks: Do they really boost energy?
- Tap water or bottled water: Which is better?
- Alkaline water: Better than plain water?
- Healthy chocolate: Dream or reality?
- Multigrain vs. whole grain: Which is healthier?
- Underweight? See how to add pounds healthfully
- Caffeine: Is it dehydrating or not?
- Grape juice: Same heart benefits as wine?
- Olive oil: What are the health benefits?
- Juicing: What are the health benefits?
- Coffee and health: What does the research say?
- Cholesterol: Top 5 foods to lower your numbers
- Breast-feeding nutrition: Tips for moms
- Trans fat is double trouble for your heart health
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
- Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight loss
- Does prickly pear cactus have health benefits?
- Fruit or vegetable — Do you know the difference?
- Can whole-grain foods lower blood pressure?
- Junk food blues: Are depression and diet related?
- Healthy heart for life: Avoiding heart disease
- Foods for healthy skin: Top picks
- Omega-6 fatty acids: Can they cause heart disease?
- Step up to MyPlate, the new food icon
- Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid tool
- Tips for healthy eating
© 1998-2013 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved. A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.com," "EmbodyHealth," "Enhance your life," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
E-mail this page* Required fields
Share this on ...
Link to this pageTo link to this page, copy this HTML and paste it onto your Web page.