How you prepareBy Mayo Clinic staff
There are no special preparations for the canalith repositioning procedure. Wear clothing that will allow you to move freely through each of the maneuvers.
- Canalith repositioning procedure — for treatment of BPPV. Vestibular Disorders Association. http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorders/treatment/canalith-repositioning-procedure-bppv. Accessed March 20, 2012.
- Lalwani AK. Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=55771949. Accessed March 19, 2012.
- Clinical practice guideline: Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery Foundation. http://www.entnet.org/Practice/loader.cfm?csModule=security%2fgetfile&pageid=33697. Accessed March 19, 2012.
- Helminski JO, et al. Effectiveness of particle repositioning maneuvers in the treatment of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo: A systematic review. Physical Therapy. 2010;90:663.
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec08/ch086/ch086c.html#CIHHFCEC. Accessed March 19, 2012.