- With Mayo Clinic nurse educator
Sheryl M. Ness, R.N.read biographyclose window
Sheryl M. Ness, R.N.Sheryl M. Ness
Sheryl Ness, R.N., O.C.N., is a nurse educator for the Cancer Education Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. She helps inform patients, families and caregivers about services and resources to help them through the cancer journey.
She has a master's degree in nursing from Augsburg College. In addition, she is an assistant professor of oncology at the College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, and is certified as a specialist in oncology nursing. Sheryl has worked for more than 20 years at Mayo Clinic as an educator. She has a keen interest in the importance of the quality of life and concerns of people living with cancer.
- New therapies sought for triple negative breast cancer
Dec. 3, 2013
- How to care for skin during and after radiation
Nov. 9, 2013
- The problem with overtreating thyroid cancers
Nov. 2, 2013
- Hope, resources and support for those living with cancer
Oct. 26, 2013
- Reading helps you forget about your worries and relax
Oct. 19, 2013
Living with cancer blog
June 9, 2012
New magazine keeps you up to date on Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
By Sheryl M. Ness, R.N.
"Forefront" connects you to the latest research news from Mayo Clinic Cancer Center.
In our conversations through this blog, many of you have asked how you can keep in touch with the research that's taking place at Mayo Clinic Cancer Center.
I want to let you know of a new opportunity to get the latest in research updates, news and information related to cancer care at Mayo Clinic.
"Forefront" is the magazine of Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, a leader in translational cancer research and the effort to discover better ways to prevent, detect and treat cancer for patients around the globe.
Published in print and online annually, "Forefront" highlights Mayo Clinic's cutting-edge cancer research and the latest Mayo Clinic Cancer Center news.
This summer, "Forefront" will launch a quarterly email edition to expand its opportunities to connect with an increasingly diverse and growing audience. Here's what you'll get if you subscribe:
- A personal message from Mayo Clinic Cancer Center director, Dr. Robert Diasio.
- Regular updates on the research Mayo Clinic Cancer Center scientists and physicians are conducting.
- Administrative news and updates on Mayo Clinic Cancer Center's ongoing efforts to ensure the patient always comes first.
- Stories about patients whose lives are touched by this important work.
- A regular column featuring Mayo Clinic Cancer Center statistics.
Don't miss out. Subscribe to the email edition of "Forefront" today. Go to www.mayoclinic.org/publications/.blog index