- Cancer risk: What the numbers mean Cancer risk — Find out how to interpret the latest news about cancer risk.
- Secondhand smoke: Avoid dangers in the air Secondhand smoke — Understand the dangers and consider options for clearing the air.
Tests and diagnosis
- Cancer survival rate: What it means for your prognosis Cancer survival rate — Find out what it means and how it applies to you.
- Cancer blood tests: Lab tests used in cancer diagnosis Cancer blood tests and other laboratory tests may be used in cancer diagnosis.
- Needle biopsy Common needle biopsy procedures include fine-needle aspiration and core needle biopsy.
- Biopsy: Types of biopsy procedures used to diagnose cancer Biopsy procedures, including needle biopsy and bone marrow biopsy, are used to diagnose cancer.
- SPECT scan SPECT scan — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging test.
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan Positron emission tomography (PET) scan — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging test.
- CT scan CT scan — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging procedure.
- Ultrasound Ultrasound — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this procedure.
- Cancer causes: Popular myths about the causes of cancer Cancer causes — See why these popular myths about cancer causes are wrong.
- Paraneoplastic syndromes of the nervous system Paraneoplastic syndromes — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of rare neurological disorders associated with cancer.
Treatments and drugs
- Cancer treatment decisions: 5 steps to help you decide Get involved in your cancer treatment by partnering with your doctor to evaluate options.
- Low blood cell counts: Side effect of cancer treatment Low blood cell counts increase your risk of severe complications during your cancer treatment.
- Cancer treatment myths: Any truth to these common beliefs? Cancer treatment — Find out the truth behind these 10 common cancer treatment myths.
- Eating during cancer treatment: Tips to make food tastier Cancer treatment may alter your sense of taste. Learn what you can do.
- Chemotherapy nausea and vomiting: Prevention is best defense Cancer chemotherapy can cause nausea and vomiting. Learn how to prevent these side effects.
- Managing chemotherapy side effects Chemotherapy treatment carries many side effects. Learn about managing chemotherapy side effects.
- Chemotherapy and hair loss: What to expect during treatment Chemotherapy and hair loss — what to expect from cancer treatment and how to cope.
- Clinical trials: A chance to try new therapies Clinical trials offer you a chance to try new treatments.
- Cancer treatment for women: Possible sexual side effects Cancer treatment can cause physical changes in women that make having sex more difficult.
- Cancer treatment for men: Possible sexual side effects Cancer treatment side effects can make sex more difficult.
- Proton therapy Proton therapy — Comprehensive overview covers definition, risks, results of proton radiation therapy.
- Fertility preservation: Understand your options before cancer treatment Fertility preservation — Know what you can do to preserve your fertility before cancer treatment.
- Stem cell transplant Stem cell transplant — Overview covers definition, risks, results of procedure to replenish stem cells.
- Chemotherapy Chemotherapy — Overview covers definition, risks, what to expect during cancer chemotherapy treatment.
- Radiation therapy Radiation therapy — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this cancer treatment.
- Monoclonal antibody drugs for cancer treatment: How they work Monoclonal antibody drugs — How monoclonal antibodies are being used in cancer treatment.
- Thalidomide: Research advances in cancer and other conditions Thalidomide — Comprehensive overview covers research, complications and uses, including treatment of multiple myeloma.
- Adjuvant therapy: Treatment to keep cancer from returning Adjuvant therapy — Adjuvant treatments such as adjuvant chemotherapy reduce the risk of cancer recurrence.
- Cancer surgery: Physically removing cancer Cancer surgery — common cancer treatment for breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer and others.
- Brachytherapy Brachytherapy — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this type of radiation therapy for cancer.
- Gene therapy Gene therapy — Overview covers definition, risk, results of this experimental procedure.
- Cancer fatigue: Why it occurs and how to cope Cancer fatigue that occurs during cancer treatment is common. You can take steps to lessen your cancer fatigue.
- Diarrhea: Cancer-related causes and how to cope Treatment for cancer-related diarrhea depends on what's causing your diarrhea.
- Mouth sores caused by cancer treatment: How to cope Mouth sores are common during cancer treatment. Get details on causes, prevention and treatment.
- No appetite? How to get nutrition during cancer treatment Tips for getting the calories and nutrients you need during cancer treatment.
- Cancer pain: Relief is possible Cancer pain relief questions answered by a Mayo Clinic cancer specialist.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Sleep tips: 7 steps to better sleep Better sleep can be yours! Consider sleep tips for the weary.
- Mediterranean diet recipes These healthy and appealing recipes will get you hooked on the Mediterranean diet.
- Alternative cancer treatments: 11 options to consider Alternative cancer treatments may help you cope with cancer treatment side effects.
- Hypnosis Hypnosis — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this procedure.
- Pet therapy: Man's best friend as healer Pet therapy isn't just fun and games. A growing field, animal-assisted therapy has proven health benefits.
- Mindfulness exercises: How to get started Mindfulness exercises — Understand ways to practice mindfulness.
Coping and support
- Cancer survivors: Care for your body after treatment Cancer survivors can improve their health after cancer treatment with simple changes.
- Cancer survivors: Managing your emotions after cancer treatment Cancer survivors may experience a variety of emotions upon completing cancer treatment.
- Cancer survivors: Reconnecting with loved ones after treatment Cancer survivors sometimes must redevelop relationships with friends and family after cancer treatment.
- Cancer survivors: Late effects of cancer treatment Cancer survivors can experience side effects long after their cancer treatment ends.
- Cancer diagnosis? Advice for dealing with what comes next Cancer diagnosis — Mayo Clinic cancer specialist offers advice for coping with a cancer diagnosis.
- When cancer returns: How to cope with cancer recurrence Cancer recurrence — Get the facts and learn to cope with anger and fear.
- Palliative care: Symptom relief during illness Palliative care — A holistic approach to improving quality of life during serious illness.
- Cancer diagnosis: 11 tips for coping Cancer diagnosis — 11 ways to cope with this life-changing news.
- Cancer prevention: 7 tips to reduce your risk Cancer prevention — Real-life strategies to reduce your risk of cancer.