- Heart attack symptoms: Know what's a medical emergency Watch for these heart attack symptoms.
Tests and diagnosis
- Echocardiogram Echocardiogram — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this heart-imaging test.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) — Overview covers definition of this test to monitor your heartbeat.
- Chest X-rays Chest X-rays — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging test.
- Cardiac catheterization Cardiac catheterization — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this test for heart problems.
- Arteriosclerosis / atherosclerosis Arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment for hardening of the arteries.
Treatments and drugs
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs) Ventricular assist devices (VADs) — Overview covers risks and results of these life-saving heart devices.
- Coronary angioplasty and stents Coronary angioplasty and stents — Overview covers definition and results of this heart procedure.
- Coronary bypass surgery Coronary bypass surgery — Overview covers risks and results of this open-heart surgery.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- 10 ways to control high blood pressure without medication You can lower your blood pressure without medication. Try these 10 lifestyle changes.
- Heart-healthy diet: 8 steps to prevent heart disease Ready to start your heart-healthy diet? Here are eight tips to get you started.
- Quit smoking: Proven strategies to help you quit Quit smoking — Call on these strategies and resources to help you reach your smoke-free goal.
- Weight loss: 6 strategies for success Weight loss — Help make your weight-loss goals a reality with these six strategies.