Preparing for your appointmentBy Mayo Clinic staff
Because doctor appointments can be brief, and because there's often a lot to cover, it's a good idea to be well prepared for your appointment. Preparing a list of questions will help you make the most of your appointment. List your questions from most important to least important in case time runs out. For cellulite, some basic questions to ask your doctor include:
- What is the best course of action?
- What are my treatment options and the pros and cons for each?
- What will the treatments cost? Does medical insurance cover these costs?
- What results can I expect?
- What kind of follow-up, if any, should I expect?
- Khan MH, et al. Treatment of cellulite. Part I. Pathophysiology. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2010;62:361.
- Khan MH, et al. Treatment of cellulite. Part II. Advances and controversies. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2010;62:373.
- Sakamoto FH, et al. Lasers and flashlamps in dermatology. In: Wolff K, et al. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=3005384. Accessed Nov. 28, 2010.
- Rawlings AV. Cellulite and its treatment. International Journal of Cosmetic Science. 2006;28:175.
- Goldberg DJ, et al. Clinical, laboratory, and MRI analysis of cellulite treatment with a unipolar radiofrequency device. Dermatologic Surgery. 2008;34:204.
- Wollina U, et al. Esthetic and cosmetic dermatology. Dermatologic Therapy. 2008;21:118.
- Manuskiatti W, et al. Circumference reduction and cellulite treatment with a TriPollar radiofrequency device: A pilot study. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. 2009;23:820.
- Hodgkinson DJ. Clinical applications of radiofrequency: Nonsurgical skin tightening (Thermage). Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 2009;36:261.
- FDA warns about Lipodissolve product claims. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm206240.htm. Accessed Nov. 28, 2010.