- Obesity Obesity — Comprehensive overview covers causes, treatment and prevention of this serious health risk.
- Syphilis Syphilis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this potentially serious sexually transmitted infection.
- Birth control pill FAQ: Benefits, risks and choices The birth control pill is surrounded by misinformation. Get the facts about common concerns and questions about taking the pill.
Tests and diagnosis
- Pap smear Pap smear — Overview covers risks, results of this cervical cancer detection procedure.
- HPV test HPV test — Overview covers risks, results of this test for human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.
- Pelvic exam Pelvic exam — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of this procedure.
- Colposcopy Colposcopy — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this procedure to examine cervical cells.
Treatments and drugs
- Fertility preservation: Understand your options before cancer treatment Fertility preservation — Know what you can do to preserve your fertility before cancer treatment.
- Proton therapy Proton therapy — Comprehensive overview covers definition, risks, results of proton radiation therapy.
- Abdominal hysterectomy Abdominal hysterectomy — Surgery that removes the uterus and treats gynecologic conditions, such as uterine cancer.
- Vaginal hysterectomy Vaginal hysterectomy removes the uterus through the vagina to treat gynecologic conditions.
- Chemotherapy Chemotherapy — Overview covers definition, risks, what to expect during cancer chemotherapy treatment.
- Brachytherapy Brachytherapy — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this type of radiation therapy for cancer.
- Cervical cancer vaccine: Who needs it, how it works Cervical cancer vaccine — A Mayo Clinic expert answers questions about the cervical cancer vaccine.