- Slide show: Which CPAP masks are best for you?
Slide show: Which CPAP masks are best for you?By Mayo Clinic staff
Many options available
Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) masks and headgear come in many styles and sizes to comfortably treat your sleep apnea. Everyone has different needs and face shapes, so you may need to try a variety of CPAP masks before finding the right one for you. And just because you're a certain size in some styles of CPAP masks doesn't mean you'll be the same size in others.
Here's a look at a few CPAP masks and possible benefits of each. Work closely with your doctor and CPAP mask supplier to make sure you have a mask that suits your needs and fits you.Next slide
- Morgenthaler TI (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 9, 2009.
- Kakkar RK, et al. Positive airway pressure treatment for obstructive sleep apnea. Chest. 2007;132:1057.
- Chowdhuri S. Continuous positive airway pressure for the treatment of sleep apnea. Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America. 2007;40:807.
- Dave NB, et al. Initiation of CPAP therapy for obstructive sleep apnea in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Sept. 9, 2009.