ComplicationsBy Mayo Clinic staff
Complications of delayed ejaculation can include:
- Diminished sexual pleasure for a man or his partner
- Stress or anxiety about sexual performance
- Marital or relationship problems due to an unsatisfactory sex life
- Inability to get your partner pregnant (male infertility)
- Sexual and gender identity disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV-TR. 4th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2000. http://www.psychiatryonline.com. Accessed April 4, 2012.
- Rowland D, et al. Disorders of orgasm and ejaculation in men. Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2010;7:1668.
- Cunningham GR, et al. Overview of male sexual dysfunction. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed April 5, 2012.
- Montorsi F, et al. Summary of the recommendations on sexual dysfunctions in men. Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2010;7:3572.
- Althof SE. Psychological factors associated with male sexual dysfunction: Screening and treatment for the urologist. Urological Clinics of North America. 2011;38:141.