When using salicylic acid and sulfur combination medicine, do not use any of the following preparations on the same affected area as this medicine, unless otherwise directed by your doctor:
- Abrasive soaps or cleansers
- Alcohol-containing preparations
- Any other topical acne preparation or preparation containing a peeling agent (for example, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, or tretinoin [vitamin A acid])
- Cosmetics or soaps that dry the skin
- Medicated cosmetics
- Other topical medicine for the skin
To use any of the above preparations on the same affected area as salicylic acid and sulfur combination medicine may cause severe irritation of the skin.
Do not use any topical mercury-containing preparation, such as ammoniated mercury ointment, on the same affected area as this medicine . To do so may cause a foul odor, may be irritating to the skin, and may stain the skin black. If you have any questions about this, check with your health care professional.
Taking large doses of aspirin or other salicylates (including diflunisal) while using topical salicylic acid (contained in this medicine) may lead to overdose. If you have any questions about this, check with your health care professional.