Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:Less common
- Bruising (severe)
- Signs of an infection, such as heat, redness, swelling, and/or oozing at the place of surgery
- Fever and pain (occurring together)
Other side effects may not occur until weeks, months, or even years after the implantation. Check with your doctor if any of the following delayed side effects occur:More common
- “Crackling” sound or pain when moving the knee
- Stiffness or “catching” of the knee
- Inability to bend the knee
- Swelling of the knee
Other side effects not listed may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your healthcare professional.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.