Econazole (Topical Route)Drug Information provided by: Micromedex
US Brand Names
Econazole belongs to the family of medicines called antifungals, which are used to treat infections caused by a fungus. They work by killing the fungus or preventing its growth.
Econazole cream is applied to the skin to treat fungus infections. These include:
- ringworm of the body (tinea corporis);
- ringworm of the foot (tinea pedis; athlete's foot);
- ringworm of the groin (tinea cruris; jock itch);
- tinea versicolor (sometimes called ``sun fungus''); and
- certain other fungus infections, such as Candida (Monilia) infections.
Econazole is available only with your doctor's prescription.