Do not use this medicine in or near the eyes. Watering of the eyes may occur when the medicine is used too close to the eyes.
If this medicine does get into your eyes, wash them out immediately, but carefully, with large amounts of cool tap water. If your eyes still burn or are painful, check with your doctor.
Before applying this medicine, thoroughly wash the affected area(s) with a mild, nonirritating cleanser, rinse well, and gently pat dry.
- After washing the affected area(s), apply this medicine with your fingertips.
- Apply and rub in a thin film of medicine, using enough to cover the affected area(s) lightly. You should apply the medicine to the whole area usually affected by rosacea, not just to the pimples themselves .
- Wash the medicine off your hands.
To help keep your rosacea under control, keep using this medicine for the full time of treatment. You may have to continue using this medicine every day for 9 weeks or longer. Do not miss any doses.
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
- For topical dosage forms (cream, gel, and lotion):
- For rosacea:
- Adults—Apply to the affected area(s) of skin two times a day, morning and evening, for nine weeks.
- Children—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- For rosacea:
If you miss a dose of this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.