It is very important that your doctor check your child's progress at regular visits. This will allow your child's doctor to see if the medicine is working properly and to decide if your child should continue to use it.
This medicine may cause serious types of allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis can be life-threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Call your doctor right away if your child has a rash, itching, hoarseness, lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing, or any swelling of the hands, face, or mouth after receiving the medicine.
If your child has certain types of heart disease and needs to have a corrective surgery, your doctor may need to give your child an additional shot of this medicine soon after surgery.
Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats your child knows that he or she is using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.