The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
The number of injections your child will receive for protection from pneumococcal infection will depend on your child's age at the first dose:
- Children 6 weeks to 6 months of age—4 doses
- Children 7 to 11 months of age—3 doses
- Children 12 to 23 months of age—2 doses
- Children 2 years through 9 years of age—1 dose
- Children older than 9 years of age—Use of this vaccine is not recommended in this age group.
Your doctor will tell you when your child should receive the next dose.