If your symptoms do not improve within a few days, or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This medicine may cause some people to become dizzy, drowsy, or less alert than they are normally. Make sure you know how you react to this medicine before you drive, use machines, or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are dizzy or are not alert. If these reactions are especially bothersome, check with your doctor.
For patients taking pyrantel for pinworms:
- In some patients, pinworms may return after treatment with pyrantel. The following may help to prevent this:
- Avoiding scratching the area around the buttocks.
- Washing hands and fingernails with soap often during the day, especially before eating and after using the toilet.
- Wearing tight underpants both day and night. Changing them daily.
- Cleaning the bedroom floor by vacuuming or damp mopping for several days after treatment. Avoiding dry sweeping that may stir up dust.
- Keeping the toilet seat clean.
- Washing (not shaking) all bedding and nightclothes (pajamas) after treatment.
- Some doctors may also recommend other measures to help keep your infection from returning. If you have any questions about this, check with your doctor.