Terbinafine (Topical Route)Drug Information provided by: Micromedex
US Brand Names
Canadian Brand Names
Terbinafine is used to treat infections caused by a fungus. It works by killing the fungus or preventing its growth.
Terbinafine is applied to the skin to treat:
- ringworm of the body (tinea corporis);
- ringworm of the foot (interdigital and plantar tinea pedis; athlete's foot);
- ringworm of the groin (tinea cruris; jock itch);
- tinea versicolor (sometimes called “sun fungus”); and
- yeast infections of the skin (cutaneous candidiasis).
This medicine is available both over-the-counter (OTC) and with your doctor's prescription.
This product is available in the following dosage forms: