Tioconazole (Topical Route)Drug Information provided by: Micromedex
Canadian Brand Names
Tioconazole belongs to the family of medicines called antifungals, which are used to treat infections caused by a fungus or yeast. They work by killing the fungus or yeast or preventing its growth.
Tioconazole cream is applied to the skin to treat :
- ringworm of the body (tinea corporis);
- ringworm of the foot (tinea pedis; athlete's foot);
- ringworm of the groin (tinea cruris; jock itch);
- tinea versicolor (sometimes called ``sun fungus''); and
- yeast infection of the skin (cutaneous candidiasis).
Tioconazole is available in the following dosage forms:
- Cream (Canada)