Danazol (Oral Route)Drug Information provided by: Micromedex
US Brand Names
Danazol is used to treat a number of different medical problems. These include:
- Fibrocystic breast disease (cysts in the breasts).
- Hereditary angioedema (swelling of the different parts of the body, such as abdomen or stomach, arms, legs, throat, skin, or sexual organs.
This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription.
Once a medicine has been approved for marketing for a certain use, experience may show that it is also useful for other medical problems. Although these uses may not be included in product labeling, danazol is used in certain patients with the following medical conditions:
- Gynecomastia (breast development in males).
- Menorrhagia (abnormally heavy and prolonged menstrual periods).
- Precocious puberty in females (a condition that causes early puberty in girls).
This product is available in the following dosage forms: