After applying this medicine to the skin of a child, watch the child carefully to make sure that he or she does not get any of the medicine into his or her mouth. Topical anesthetics can cause serious side effects, especially in children, if any of the medicine gets into the mouth or is swallowed.
- Stop using this medicine and check with your doctor:
- If your condition does not improve within 7 days, or if it gets worse
- If the area you are treating becomes infected
- If you notice a skin rash, burning, stinging, swelling, or any other sign of irritation that was not present when you began using this medicine
- If you swallow any of the medicine