It is very important that you use this medicine only as directed. Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, and do not use it for a longer time than your doctor ordered. To do so may cause your skin to become too dry or irritated. You may need to use this medicine for several weeks or months before your skin starts to look better. Applying extra medicine will not make it work faster.
This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, mouth, nose, on the corners of your nose, or vagina. Do not use it on skin areas that have cuts, scrapes, or burns. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
This medicine comes with a patient information insert. Read and follow the instructions in the insert carefully. Ask your doctor if you have any questions.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Before applying this medicine, wash your face with warm water and a mild soap, rinse well, and pat dry.
- Apply just enough medicine to lightly cover the affected areas, and rub it in gently but well. A pea-sized amount is enough to cover the whole face.
- You should not wash your face too often, 2 or 3 times a day is enough. Washing your face too often may dry your skin and make the acne worse.
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
- For topical dosage form (gel):
- For acne:
- Adults and teenagers—Apply to the affected area(s) of the skin once a day, at bedtime.
- Children younger than 12 years of age—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- For acne:
If you miss a dose of this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.