For patients taking the chewable tablet form of this medicine:
- Chew the tablets well before swallowing. This is to allow the medicine to work faster and be more effective.
For patients taking this medicine for a stomach or duodenal ulcer:
- Take it exactly as directed and for the full time of treatment as ordered by your doctor, to obtain maximum relief of your symptoms.
- Take it 1 and 3 hours after meals and at bedtime for best results, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
For patients taking aluminum carbonate or aluminum hydroxide to prevent kidney stones:
- Drink plenty of fluids for best results, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
For patients taking aluminum carbonate or aluminum hydroxide for hyperphosphatemia (too much phosphate in the blood):
- Your doctor may want you to follow a low-phosphate diet. If you have any questions about this, check with your doctor.
The dose medicines in this class will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of these medicines. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.