This medicine comes with a Medication Guide. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions .
To use the skin patch:
- Apply the patch right away after removing it from the protective pouch. Do not cut it into smaller pieces and do not touch the sticky surface of the patch. Wear only one patch at a time.
- Apply the patch to a dry, smooth skin area on your upper chest or back (below the neck and above the waist), upper thigh, or to the outer surface of the upper arm. Do not put the patch over hairy, oily, irritated, broken, scarred, or calloused skin. Avoid putting the patch on areas where it could be rubbed off by tight clothing.
- Press the patch firmly in place with your fingertips to make sure that the edges of the patch stick well.
- Put on a new patch if the old one has fallen off and cannot be reapplied.
- After 24 hours, remove the patch. Choose a different place on your skin to apply the new patch. Do not put the new patch on the same place you wore the last one. Try to change the patch at the same time each day.
- After removing a used patch, fold the patch in half with the sticky sides together. Make sure to dispose of it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Wash the area of skin where you will apply the patch gently with soap and warm water. Rinse completely and dry with a clean dry towel.
- Do not expose the patch to direct sources of heat, such as heating pads, electric blankets, heat lamps, saunas, hot tubs, heated water beds, or direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after applying a patch. Do not touch your eyes until after you have washed your hands .
Do not stop using this medicine without asking your doctor. If you have not used your medicine for several days in a row, do not start using it again without talking to your doctor first .
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
- For transdermal dosage form (patch):
- For mental depression:
- Adults—At first, one 6 milligram (mg) patch once a day. Your doctor may increase your dose if needed.
- Children 12 years of age and older—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- Children below 12 years of age—Use is not recommended .
- For mental depression:
If you forget to wear or change a patch, put one on as soon as you can. If it is almost time to put on your next patch, wait until then to apply a new patch and skip the one you missed. Do not apply extra patches to make up for a missed dose.
Store the patches at room temperature in a closed container, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.