This medicine is to be used only in the ear. Do not use it in the eyes and do not take it by mouth. If this medicine is accidently swallowed, call your doctor right away.
It is important that the infected ear remains clean and dry. When bathing, avoid getting the infected ear wet. Avoid swimming unless your doctor has instructed you otherwise.
To use the ear drops:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Hold the bottle in your hands for 1 or 2 minutes to warm up the solution before putting it in your ear. Putting a cold solution in your ear could cause you to become dizzy.
- Shake the bottle well.
- Lie down on your side with your infected ear facing up.
- Put the drops in the infected ear. You should remain on your side for at least one minute.
- Repeat the above steps if both ears are infected.
To keep the medicine as germ-free as possible, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface (including the ear). Also, keep the container tightly closed.
Keep using this medicine for the full treatment time, even if you feel better after the first few doses. Your infection may not clear up if you stop using the medicine too soon. Do not miss any doses.
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
- For ear drops dosage form:
- For ear infections:
- Adults and children above 1 year of age—Place 3 drops in the affected ear two times a day.
- Children younger than 1 year of age—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- For ear infections:
If you miss a dose of this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.