This medicine comes with a patient information insert. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
The solution comes in small containers that are only used one time. Throw the empty container away after putting the medicine in your ear.
This medicine should be used only in the ear. Do not put it in the eyes or nose, and do not take it by mouth. If this medicine is swallowed by accident or gets in your eyes, call your doctor right away.
It is important that the infected ear remain clean and dry. When bathing, avoid getting the infected ear wet. Avoid swimming unless your doctor has instructed you otherwise.
To use the ear drops:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Hold the solution container in your hands for at least 1 minute to warm the solution. Putting a cold solution in your ear could cause you to become dizzy.
- Twist the top of the container off and throw it away.
- Lie down on your side with the infected ear facing up.
- Put all of the solution from the container in the infected ear. You should remain on your side for at least 1 minute.
- Throw the empty container away.
- Repeat the above steps if both ears are infected.
Keep using this medicine for the full treatment time, even if you or your child feel better after the first few doses. The infection may not clear up if you stop using the medicine too soon. Do not miss any doses.
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
- For ear drops:
- For ear infections:
- Adults and children above 1 year of age—Use the contents of one container in the affected ear two times a day for 7 days.
- Children younger than 1 year of age—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- For ear infections:
If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Keep the medicine in the foil pouch until you are ready to use it. Store at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.