Use this medicine only as directed by your doctor. Do not use more of it and do not use it more often than your doctor ordered. To do so may increase the amount that is absorbed from the nose and the chance of unwanted effects. Do not change your dose or stop using this medicine without checking with your doctor first.
This medicine comes with a patient information leaflet. Read and follow the instructions carefully. Ask your doctor if you have any questions.
This medicine is only used in the nose. Do not get it in your eyes. If it does get in the eyes, rinse them with water right away and call your doctor.
In order for this medicine to help you, it must be used on a regular basis as ordered by your doctor. This medicine usually begins to work in about 2 days, but up to 2 weeks may pass before you feel its full effects.
Do not use this medicine for any other nose problem without checking with your doctor first.
To use the spray:
- Shake the bottle gently before each use.
- When you use the spray for the first time, you must prime the bottle. Pump the bottle 8 times or until a fine spray comes out.
- Gently blow your nose before using the spray. Insert the tip of the bottle into your nostril.
- Close the opposite nostril with a finger and lean your head slightly forward.
- Spray into your nostril and breathe gently inward. Lean your head backward for a few seconds.
- If a second dose is needed in the same nostril, lean the head slightly forward and repeat the same steps.
- Spray the opposite nostril using the same steps.
- Do not blow your nose for 15 minutes after using the spray.
- Wipe the tip of the bottle with a clean tissue and put the cap back on.
- If you do not use the bottle for 2 days, prime it again by releasing one spray.
- If you do not use the bottle for more than 14 days, clean the spray tip and prime it again by releasing two sprays.
- After you prime the bottle, there will only be 120 doses or sprays. Keep track of the number of sprays you use. Throw the bottle away after you use 120 sprays even if some liquid remains in the bottle.
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
- For nasal dosage form (spray):
- For treatment of allergic rhinitis:
- Adults, teenagers, and children 12 years of age and older—At first, one spray in each nostril once a day. Your doctor may increase your dose as needed. However, the dose is usually not more than 4 sprays in each nostril per day.
- Children 6 to 11 years of age—At first, one spray in each nostril once a day. Your doctor may increase your dose as needed. However, the dose is usually not more than 2 sprays in each nostril per day.
- Children younger than 6 years of age—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- For treatment of allergic rhinitis:
If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.
After you prime the bottle, there will only be 120 doses or sprays. Keep track of the number of sprays you use. Throw the bottle away after you use 120 sprays even if some liquid remains in the bottle.