Use this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, and do not use it for a longer time than your doctor tells you. Do not change your treatment without checking first with your doctor.
Use this medicine on the hair and scalp only. Keep the medicine out of your eyes, nose, mouth, and vagina. If the medicine gets in your eyes, rinse them well with water.
This medicine comes with a patient information leaflet. Read and follow the instructions carefully. Ask your doctor if you have any questions.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine.
- Apply the medicine directly to dry hair (up to 1 tube) closest to the scalp and then apply outwards. Completely cover your entire head. Leave the medicine on the hair and scalp for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, rinse your hair with warm water and dry with a clean towel. Comb hair with a fine-toothed comb to remove any nits (eggs) or nit shells. They look like small white dots.
- If live lice are seen 7 days after using this medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Do not use this medicine again without talking to your doctor first.
- Children will need an adult to apply the medicine for them.
- Throw away any unused medicine left in the tube after each use.
Do not use cosmetics and other hair products on the treated hair and scalp areas.
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
- For topical dosage form (lotion):
- For head lice:
- Adults, teenagers, and children 6 months of age and older—Apply directly to dry hair and scalp one time only.
- Infants younger than 6 months of age—Use is not recommended.
- For head lice:
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.