Use this medicine only as directed by your doctor. Do not use more of it and do not use it more often than your doctor ordered. Also, do not stop using this medicine without telling your doctor. To do so may cause your lung condition to become worse.
This medicine usually comes with patient instructions. Read them carefully before using the medicine. If you do not understand the directions or you are not sure how to use the inhaler, ask your doctor to show you how to use it.
To use the Pressair™:
- This medicine comes in sealed pouch. Do not open the sealed pouch until you are ready to use a dose of this medicine.
- Once opened, remove the inhaler from the pouch.
- Take the cap off the mouthpiece. Check the mouthpiece to make sure it is clear.
- Press the green button all the way down and release it.
- Check the control window to make sure your dose is ready for inhalation. Look if the colored control window changed from red to green.
- To inhale this medicine, breathe out fully and try to get as much air out of your lungs as possible. Put your lips tightly around the mouthpiece and breathe in quickly and deeply until you hear a "click" sound. Keep breathing in, even after you hear the "click" sound to be sure you get the full dose.
- Do not hold the green button while you are breathing in.
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth and hold your breath for as long as is comfortable, and then breathe out slowly through your nose.
- Stop and check the colored control window if it has turned to red. This means you have inhaled full dose of this medicine.
- If the control window is still colored green, repeat the steps above. If you are unable to inhale correctly after several attempts, call your doctor.
- Once the window has turned red, place the cap back by pressing it back into the mouthpiece.
- If you want to clean the inhaler, wipe the mouthpiece with a dry tissue or towel. Do not use water to clean the inhaler, as this may damage the medicine.
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
- For inhalation aerosol dosage form (used with an inhaler):
- For bronchospasm caused by COPD:
- Adults—One puff two times a day (spaced 12 hours apart). Each puff contains 400 micrograms (mcg) of aclidinium bromide.
- Children—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- For bronchospasm caused by COPD:
If you miss a dose of this medicine, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.
Keep the medicine in the foil pouch until you are ready to use it. Store at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze.
Do not store this medicine in a vibrating surface.
Throw away the inhaler 45 days after opening the pouch, after a "0" with a red background shows, or when the device locks out.