ResultsBy Mayo Clinic staff
When you receive the results of your endoscopy will depend on your situation. If, for instance, your doctor performed the endoscopy to look for an ulcer, you may learn the findings right after your procedure. If a tissue sample (biopsy) was collected, it may take a few days to get results from the testing laboratory. Ask your doctor when you can expect the results of your endoscopy.
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisinger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-6189-2..X0001-7--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-6189-2&about=true&uniqId=229935664-2192. Accessed July 6, 2012.
- Goldman L, et al. Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191371208-2/0/1492/0.html#. Accessed July 6, 2012.
- Understanding upper endoscopy. American Gastroenterological Association. http://www.asge.org/patients/patients.aspx?id=378. Accessed July 6, 2012.
- Upper GI endoscopy. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/upperendoscopy/. Accessed July 6, 2012.
- Picco MP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. July 9, 2012.