How you prepareBy Mayo Clinic staff
You may need to avoid eating and drinking for a certain length of time before esophageal manometry. Your doctor will give you specific instructions. Also, tell your doctor about any medications you're taking. You may be asked not to take some medications before the test.
- Understanding esophageal manometry. American Society for Gastronintestinal Endoscopy. http://www.asge.org/PatientInfoIndex.aspx?id=6822. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- Lembo AJ et al. Motility testing: When does it help? http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- American Gastroenterological Association. AGA technical review on the clinical use of esophageal manometry. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:209.
- Ask Mayo Expert. Esophageal manometry. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Falk GW et al. Goldman: Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Saunders, Elsevier, 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/page.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-1604-7..00140-8&isbn=978-1-4377-1604-7&sid=1300780111&uniqId=331154314-3#4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-1604-7..00140-8--s0050