ResultsBy Mayo Clinic staff
The results of your esophageal manometry will be sent to your doctor. Generally, results are ready in one to two days. The test results may be used to guide further treatment if necessary or to help plan a surgical procedure if the test was part of a preoperative evaluation. Plan to discuss the results with your doctor at a follow-up appointment.
- Understanding esophageal manometry. American Society for Gastronintestinal Endoscopy. http://www.asge.org/PatientInfoIndex.aspx?id=6822. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- Lembo AJ et al. Motility testing: When does it help? http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed April 23, 2012.
- American Gastroenterological Association. AGA technical review on the clinical use of esophageal manometry. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:209.
- Ask Mayo Expert. Esophageal manometry. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Falk GW et al. Goldman: Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Saunders, Elsevier, 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/page.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-1604-7..00140-8&isbn=978-1-4377-1604-7&sid=1300780111&uniqId=331154314-3#4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-1604-7..00140-8--s0050