Dietitian's tip: These flavorful fish tacos are a healthy substitute for traditional, higher fat beef tacos.
- 12 ounces whitefish such as cod or tilapia
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 1/4 head Napa cabbage (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 red Fresno peppers, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (1/2 teaspoon zest, 1 tablespoon juice)
- 4 wheat tortillas (8-inch diameter), lightly grilled or toasted
Season fish with salt and pepper if you like. Then bake fish at 375 F for about 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145 F. Or grill fish if you prefer.
Place remaining ingredients except tortillas in a mixing bowl and toss to combine. Flake and place fish on tortillas. Top with cabbage mixture and enjoy.
Nutritional analysis per serving
|Serving size: 1 filled tortilla|
|Total fat||5 g||Total carbohydrate||19 g|
|Saturated fat||trace||Dietary fiber||3.5 g|
|Trans fat||trace||Sugars||0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||1.5 g||Protein||19.5 g|
|Protein and dairy||1|
|Meat and meat substitutes||3|
|Grains and grain products||1|
|Meats, poultry and fish||3|