Fitness basics (23)
- Boot camp workout: Is it right for you?
- Overuse injury: How to prevent training injuries
- Fitness: Tips for staying motivated
- see all in Fitness basics
Stretching and flexibility (3)
- Stretching: Focus on flexibility
- Hamstring injury
- How fit are you? See how you measure up
Aerobic exercise (13)
- Walking: Trim your waistline, improve your health
- Rev up your workout with interval training
- Walking: How to start a walking group
- see all in Aerobic exercise
Strength training (9)
- Fitness ball exercises: How-to video collection
- Strength training: Get stronger, leaner, healthier
- Weight training: Do's and don'ts of proper technique
- see all in Strength training
Sports nutrition (3)
- Performance-enhancing drugs: Know the risks
- Eating and exercise: 5 tips to maximize your workouts
- Water: How much should you drink every day?
Fitness ball exercises: How-to video collection
Are you stocking a home gym? Or simply hoping to add variety to your fitness routine? A fitness ball might be the ticket. See how fitness balls are used.
A fitness ball looks like a large beach ball. You can do many core exercises with a fitness ball. You can also use a fitness ball to improve your flexibility and balance. Here's a collection of how-to videos to help you get started.
Choosing a fitness ball
When it comes to fitness balls, size matters. Watch this video for help choosing the right size ball.
Using a fitness ball
You can do fitness ball exercises at home or at the gym. Watch these videos to learn proper form and technique.
- Video: Squat and reach with fitness ball
- Video: Abdominal crunch with fitness ball
- Video: Bridge with fitness ball
- Video: Fitness ball bridge with heel dig
- Video: Plank with fitness ball
- Video: Abdominal ball raise with fitness ball
- Video: Side exercise with fitness ball
- Video: Reverse crunch with fitness ball
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 1, 2013.