Flu symptoms self-assessment: Do you have the flu?By Mayo Clinic staff
- Diagnosis and treatment of respiratory illness in children and adults. Bloomington, Minn.: Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. http://mayoweb.mayo.edu/quality-rst/documents/RespiratoryIllness1-2008.pdf. Accessed March 31, 2009.
- Influenza treatment. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Clinic. http://mayoweb.mayo.edu/sp-forms/mc1100-mc1199/mc1156-523.pdf. Accessed March 31, 2009.
- Seller RH. Differential diagnosis of common complaints. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2007:75.
- Fiore AE, et al. Prevention and control of influenza: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2008. MMWR Recommendations and Reports. 2008;57:1. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5707a1.htm. Accessed March 31, 2009.
- Committee on Infectious Diseases. Antiviral therapy and prophylaxis for influenza in children. Pediatrics. 2007;119:852.
- Taking care of yourself: What to do if you get sick with flu. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/takingcare.htm. Accessed Dec. 19, 2008.
- Flu (influenza). National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/topics/Flu/understandingFlu/Treatment.htm. Accessed Dec. 19, 2008.
- What to do in a medical emergency: Colds and flu. American College of Emergency Physicians. http://www.emergencycareforyou.org/EmergencyManual/WhatToDoInMedicalEmergency/Default.aspx?id=226. Accessed Dec. 19, 2008.
- What to do in a medical emergency: Fever. American College of Emergency Physicians. http://www.emergencycareforyou.org/EmergencyManual/WhatToDoInMedicalEmergency/Default.aspx?id=242. Accessed Dec 19, 2008.
- Tamiflu (prescribing information). Nutley, N.J.: Roche; 2008. http://www.rocheusa.com/products/tamiflu/pi.pdf. Accessed Dec. 19, 2008.
- Relenza (prescribing information). Research Triangle Park, N.C.: GlaxoSmithKline; 2008. http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_relenza.pdf. Accessed Dec. 19, 2008.
- Aoki FY, et al. Early administration of oral oseltamivir increases the benefits of influenza treatment. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy.