A single copy of this article may be reprinted for personal, noncommercial use only.
Recipe: GuacamoleBy Mayo Clinic staff
Original Article: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/guacamole/RE12381
Dietitian's tip: This easy dish is great as a dip or a spread for sandwiches or wraps.
- 1 avocado, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup canned beans (black or pinto), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, chipotle or ancho chili powder (optional)
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
In a medium bowl, mix avocado, beans, cumin, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Add chopped tomato and shallot and stir to combine. Serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving
|Serving size: About 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons)|
|Total fat||3 g||Total carbohydrate||6 g|
|Saturated fat||< 0.5 g||Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Trans fat||0 g||Sugars||0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||2 g||Protein||2 g|
|Protein and dairy||1/2|
|Nuts, seeds and dry beans||1/2|
|Fats and oils||1/2|